Filming in Caledon

Service Caledon and the Economic Development Office provide the information and support needed for productions to film in Caledon.

Location scouting services

Looking for a location? Contact the Economic Development Office at , our staff will assist you in looking for a location that suits your needs.

To book a Town facility or park, please contact Service Caledon 905-584-2272 ext.7750.


 Road Usage (aka. Share the Road)

The Town of Caledon has guidelines and permits pertaining to usage of the roads for rolling shots, road closures, etc. Please contact Service Caledon at, or 905-584-2272 ext.7750, to obtain municipal permits and determine if you need to connect with the Region of Peel, as many roads in Caledon are under their jurisdiction.

More information can be found on our Road Permits page.


Parking on any road in the Town requires a parking permit.

Please contact Service Caledon to discuss parking needs for your production at or 905-584-2272 ext.7750.

 Special Effects and Paid Duty Officers

Please contact Service Caledon at or 905-584-2272 ext.7750 when you will be using special effects such as: gunfire, smoke, explosions, etc. You will be required to notify the O.P.P., Caledon Unit at 905-584-2241.


All productions must obtain a UAV permit from Transport Canada when using a drone. Please provide a copy of the UAV permit to Service Caledon prior to filming.

Letter notification

All film productions are required to notify area residents and businesses in advance of filming.

Please provide a copy of the letter to Service Caledon prior to distribution, at

Interested in your property being a filming location?

If you are a property owner wanting to offer your location for filming we recommend you contact Ontario Creates to submit your location to their Ontario Locations Library.